A new update is out now for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and the November 17 patch notes include a fix for one of Zombies most annoying issues and brings major adjustments to the game's slide movement.
Movement is a big deal in Modern Warfare 3, and this update works to improve the fluidity of sliding. This was done with a 75% decrease to the Tac Sprint refresh delay and by reducing the sprint delay after sliding by 53%. The developer says this change was made after player feedback determined that the previous delay was too aggressive.
Another significant change includes an adjustment to how the game's Armory Unlock challenges work, as wins will now progress Armory Unlocks without players first needing to complete their daily challenges.
On the Zombies side, the update addresses one of the game's most annoying issues. The patch notes confirm that players will no longer be automatically queued into a story mission if another player completes a Story Mission exfil. Other Zombies fixes include patches for exploits that allowed players to duplicate weapons and scorestreaks, and a correction for an exfil timing issue that allowed players to fall from the exfil helicopter at the edge of the map when departing from the Sub Pen.
The number of zombies is now reduced at exfil sites. This is a good stability update, as the matches could get laggy with too many enemies spawned, but it's bad news for all the players who have been farming kills at the exfil locations.
You can see the full patch notes below, as shared on Call of Duty's website.
Here's our full review of Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer and Zombies mode. Currently, MW3 offers a new experimental playlist with highlights around enemies and teammates.
Best Call Of Duty Games: Ranking The 10 Greatest EntriesSee More
- New Features
- Added the ability to preview Weapon Camos and Aftermarket Parts earned via Weekly Challenges.
- Weekly Challenges will now display the associated base Weapon for Aftermarket Part rewards.
- Bug Fixes
- Addressed an issue that allowed Players to select Modes that are not supported in Private Matches.
- Players will no longer be stuck in an “Activating Token” state after consuming an XP Token.
- Addressed an exploit that allowed Players to equip Aftermarket Parts without meeting the minimum requirements.
- Decreased Tac Sprint refresh delay after sliding by 75%.
- Decreased Tac Sprint refresh time to match the Infantry Vest/Running Sneakers.
- Decreased sprint delay after sliding by 53%.
At Launch, we introduced a delay after sliding to the Tac Sprint refresh time. A review prompted by Player feedback determined that the previous delay was too aggressive. Today’s updates aim to improve movement fluidity without making slide and Tac Sprint repetition the only viable choice for Players.
- Corrected Attachment unlock requirements for several MWII Weapons.
- Corrected unlock challenge tracking conditions for BBQ (Operator).
- Addressed an issue that prevented the progression of the Priceless Camo challenge for the DM58 (Marksman Rifle).
- Armory Unlocks
- Wins will now progress Armory Unlocks without first completing Daily Challenges.
- Look for UI modifications in a future game update to better reflect this change.
- Increased brightness in low-light areas to improve Player visibility.
- Adjusted a spawn point in the Parking Lot to prevent Players from dying upon respawn.
- Remote Turret
- Addressed an exploit that allowed Players to become invisible.
We are investigating reports of further exploits with the Remote Turret. It will be re-enabled for use once we’ve deemed it is safe.
- Addressed an issue that allowed Players who are eligible for a Story Mission to be automatically queued into one if a different squad completes a Story Mission exfil.
- Addressed an exfil timing issue that allowed Players to fall from the exfil helicopter at the edge of the map when departing from the Sub Pen.
- Closed an exploit that permitted duplication of a Player’s weapon.
- Closed an exploit that permitted duplication of scorestreaks.
- Mega Abomination
- Addressed an issue that could prevent the Mega Abomination from ignoring Players in the High Difficulty zone.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Players from entering the Modern Warfare Zombies menu due to “Timed out waiting for instance inventory.”
- Reduced the number of Zombies that spawn at exfil locations to improve stability.
- Various stability and map fixes.
- Addressed an issue where weapon names were replaced with placeholder text when completing a camo unlock challenge in the AAR.
- Battle Pass
- Addressed an issue that prevented Players from earning Battle Pass XP in Modern Warfare Zombies.
- Camo Challenges
- FR 5.56
- Addressed an issue where the Digital Wildwood camo completion criteria was incorrect.
- Completionist Camos
- Golden Enigma (MW3) & Golden Ivory (MW2) Update
- We’ve released a fix that allows Players to complete the Golden Enigma and Golden Ivory Completionist Camos with non-blueprint weapons.